Insights from Recruiters Websites

Part 2: The Client-Focused Recruiting Website


If you haven’t read Part 1 of our 3-part series on understanding your recruiting website’s audience, I highly recommend you take the time to familiarize yourself with the importance of identifying the audience for your firm’s digital services. Your recruiting website does not have to dedicate the entirety of its efforts to just one audience; however, you should honestly assess the focus of your organization. Delineate a ratio of your client-versus-candidate approach and strategically balance the efforts of your digital ecosystem accordingly. Even if 90 percent of your website is client focused, you should consider how to focus the other 10 percent.


In Part 2 of our series we focus on outlining some of the value points of a client-focused recruiting website. Some aspects of a client-focused recruiting website may seem obvious. Still, other factors that are ultimately integral are often overlooked by our clients.


Description of Services and Industries

That a client-focused recruiting website should provide a list and description of various services may seem obvious. However, recruitment websites often fail to thoroughly and clearly explain the services, if at all. There are two major advantages to providing a detailed and accessible list of services to clients visiting your site. First and foremost, you want clients to find information that is vital to their needs; therefore, they can better understand why your services are the best choice for their hiring needs. Second, a thorough listing of your services and industries can serve as a filter. This can reduce the time you spend deferring people seeking your services who are irrelevant to your industry or focus.



There isn’t a lot to say in terms of the value of calls-to-action for a client-focused recruiting website. Their value is simple. Calls-to-action provide multiple opportunities for potential clients to reach out and connect with your organization. Providing them throughout the site encourages potential clients to make more direct contact with you or your firm.


Jobs or Recent Placements

Providing a list of current opportunities depends on the industries or positions for which you recruit. At Recruiters Websites we understand that this level of confidentiality is vital and we believe your website is a great way to reinforce how much you value the privacy of certain searches. However, even if you find it in your firm’s best interest to not list current opportunities, providing at least a listing of recent placements (and these can be as simple as position and industry, leaving out specific information that may be too critical to reveal) is an often-overlooked value to a client-focused recruiting website. A list of recent placements shows visiting clients that you have experience placing the positions they need in the industries they serve.


This is by no means an all-encompassing list of the elements your client-focused website should include. As you are no doubt aware, each firm is unique in the way it interacts with clients, the services it provides and the industries in which it deals. We take great pride in our own recruiting experience and call upon that to help us provide custom recommendations as to how best approach your client-focused recruiting website. In our third and final installment of this series, we will discuss the strategy to incorporate when approaching a candidate-focused recruiting website.

Cole Windler

Cole Windler is a copywriter and SEO expert. He uses his creative writing background to create fresh, compelling and customized content for Recruiters Websites clients.

Insights & News

Explore more from our blog.


We tell your story—what makes you ... you. Find out how we do it.