You have a nice website and it would be a real shame if something happened to it. No matter how beautiful or expensive your website, without proper security, it is vulnerable to vicious cyber-attacks. Knowing how to defend against attacks in the first place will help guard your data and all of the data entrusted to you. Defense starts with knowledge so you need to know about the software that could harm your data: malware.
What is Malware?
As you might have guessed, malware is malicious software created with the intention of causing damage to devices, stealing data or causing other issues. Malware comes in many forms including:
- Viruses attach to and infect clean files. They can spread quickly (like a biological virus) which can damage system functions and delete files without warning.
- Trojans are like the Trojan Horse (obviously) of malware. Disguised as legitimate files, trojans create backdoors in your security systems, letting in other forms of malware behind them.
- Spyware is software used to collect data like credit information, passwords and search histories.
- Ransomware has the ability to lock your device and files and then threaten to delete them unless a ransom is paid.
- Adware is a hostile software with a purpose to serve you advertising. While incredibly annoying, adware does not directly infiltrate your systems and corrupt data. However, similar to a trojan, they can be a vessel for types of other malware to find their way onto your computer or other devices.
Malicious software can cause significant damage to your website, files and computer hardware and is incredibly difficult to correct. Making sure you combat these threats before they attack is crucial for keeping you, your clients, and candidates’ data safe.
How to Stop Malware
To keep malware off your recruiting website, a firewall is your first line of defense.
Essentially, a firewall is a check-point that analyzes data and prevents unauthorized data from accessing a private network, AKA your website. Firewalls should not be confused with SSL certifications, which only protect personal data that enters your site, like resumes or messages. SSL secures and encrypts data so it can’t be read by hackers, but does not protect against malware.
Your Solution: Hosting
When it comes to keeping your website safe, it’s all about proper hosting. We’ve talked about hosting in the past when it comes to keeping your website moving efficiently, but the right platform can also protect your site from malware.
Hosting solutions (like the one offered by Recruiters Websites) provide firewalls that identify, defend against and attack malicious software. Firewalls make it difficult for malware to enter, but if it does, we identify the problem and resolve the issue quickly. By hosting your website with Recruiters Websites, your site is kept on a small, secure server, meaning we can maintain and protect websites much more efficiently than larger third-parties. We also provide SSL certificates so your website is completely secure.
Once you’ve built a beautiful website, it’s important to keep it safe. When hosting with us, you can rest assured that your website is monitored 24/7 with strong firewalls and a team of experts ready to fight whatever corrupt malware may come knocking.
Your website security is an issue we take seriously, and if you’re ready to host with a company that cares about your website as much as you do, contact Recruiters Websites today.
Stay in the loop.
Sign up for insightful articles emailed directly to your inbox.
We respect your privacy and won’t spam your inbox.